Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Old Dutch Treat

A few days ago we said goodbye to our favorite spot in Maine, Acadia National Park, and the way home we stopped at a small place we have driven by countless times: The Old Dutch Treat. This is were the pictures in the last post were taken. I bet you didn't think I took those pictures at a burger/ice cream joint!

Oh, I wish we had discovered this place sooner. It is a great place to stop after a fun filled day hiking and exploring Acadia. It's super clean, great prices, yummy homemade ice cream, great burgers, and seriously the world's best onion rings. Now, that's not even the best part!

Once you get your food you can go out back and play, relax, and enjoy the beautiful setting. While Jory and I relaxed on a picnic table the boys ran around and got out all of their left over energy on the swing set, bounce house, and tire swing. I think we were there for almost two hours. After Jory and I took our turns on the swing over the pond, we sat back and relaxed on their adirondack chairs, enjoyed our delicious homemade ice cream and watched the boys run around. We knew it was going to be a wonderfully quiet ride home after that. It was =).
The "fun bounce bounce house" that Caden is still talking about.
Enjoying some good food at a uniquely fun and relaxing spot.
When you see this sign...pull over. (And order their onion rings!)
The girls relaxing while the boys run about.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Mullin family said...

What an amazing place!

Angie Cousins said...

Sweet tip! Who knew? We have passed that place so many times- next time we will stop for sure!

Lindsay said...

I just love the little family adventures you take .. so fun!!

Maine has treated you well :)

ShelliGib said...

I got your blog from Lindsay after writing an entry on my blog about our upcoming trip to Maine! You're right where we'll be. I love looking at all of your photos. If you have time, check out my blog and let me know your top recommendations for our trip! We're so excited. We're in Nebraska so we don't have much for landscape besides cornfields! : ) Thanks for letting me peak into your world!

Anonymous said...

Leanna, Sure hope now that you are in Oregon you will continue your blog. The Oregon Tale ?