My sister-in-law and good friend Rebecca likes to remind me of the many things I said before I had kids (oh to be so naive). Her favorite (and mine as well) is when I confidently said, "My kids will never play with guns." This is a nice idea, and if you don't have boys you probably think it's actually doable. However, if they don't have an actual play gun, they'll make one with legos, paper, blocks, play dough, socks, fruit...you get the idea.
So...On a beautiful sunny day last week, I overheard my sweet loving boy say, "Caden! What should we do with all the dead animals!?" Huh! Red flags! I ran into the living room to find this: My vacuum cleaner being used as, you guessed it, a gun. Not just a gun, but an elaborate trap using the cord and Hailey's play food to lure the animals. It was scary, the poor helpless creatures. However, all three children were playing so nicely. I decided...in an effort to finish the dishes...it wasn't soooo bad, it's imaginative play right? (that just happens to include a pile of dead animals in my living room).
Poor bear.
This is the pile of "dead animals."
"Please help me!"

4 comments:
YES, YOU ARE RIGHT "NEVER SAY NEVER"
LOVE IT!!! Gramma
Uncle Jerry is proud of his nephews, although they probably shouldn't include Hailey in their pile of dead animals...
Uncle Dan Dan says you guys are pretty smart hunters! Although Hailey would be more useful as a tracker than a dead animal...maybe sometime you could come and help shoot some varmits out here in colorado!?
Hi Lanny and all.....First of all congrat's on the newest Smith member, he is beautiful.
We do miss you all so much, great that at least we can still communicate.
Any visits to Bangor on the radar?!!!
When Kenneth was little we said the same thing "NO GUNS"! ...and so he used popsicle sticks, branches from trees, you get the idea.
I'm not sure why we felt the need to say "no guns", because Alasco and I both grew up in families who were great hunters/sportsmen. I think we just wanted to protect the innocence of our precious little one.
Your pic's gave me a happy memory....plus loved seeing all the pic's.
take care,xoxoxoxoxoxoxo Sheryll
Post a Comment