Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

I gave myself a present.
T I M E
Time to do something I like. Time to ignore the dishes and laundry. Time to create and sew. It was wonderful. Thanks to PBS Kids, a husband who doesn't mind a dirty house, and Chinese take-out. I was able to start and (here's the miracle) finish two little projects for Hailey's room.

Keep'n it real.
When mama starts sewing, stay out of the kitchen. When Jory came home for lunch, (I'm not sure where he ate) he said, "WOW! Um. It didn't look like this when I left this morning." Nope.
I joyfully broke {every} rule in the book to make this quilt. No pins. No pattern. I didn't iron open the seems (gasp!), and all the corners definitely don't line up. No binding - just folded the back side over =). It was kinda fun to be such a rebel. I'm wild, I know.

And this little girl, doesn't mind one bit that her quilt won't win any ribbons. It's quickly become her favorite snuggly.
A festive banner. A great way to use up scraps. The bonus of it all. The cost? $0! I only used things I had on hand. Hooray for cheap.

6 comments:

KLT said...

Hooray for sewing fun! Love your projects :)

Anonymous said...

Love it Love it!!!!! Your Mom is SO proud of her birthday girl.

Pam said...

Love, love, love the quilt! Makes me miss sewing with you and makes me miss you!

Ulbins said...

You have always, ALWAYS had an incredible sense of style. These projects show it off. Well done!

Summer said...

Leanna! That quilt is ADORABLE!!! I so wish I had the crafting gene....and the cooking gene. =)

Gibson Family said...

OMG! How adorable! Seriously, I think you stole every crafting gene our family has!! LOL Seriously, it has been too long since I have had the chance to sew...you have inspired me to dust off that machine and get to some happy crafting!!!