We slathered on
sunscreen and headed to the woods.
All 11 kiddos and a few adults made the brave {and fun} decision to go '
morelling'. If you're like me and haven't headed to the woods to search for eatable fungus. You basically head to high elevation with shade and water and hunt for little brown things, that are apparently
tasty to
some people. I've discovered that while I enjoy the hunt, I don't really care to eat the
morels.

Sis-in-law Amy and her baby girl Abby.

Caden having fun in the creek.

Sweet Abby taking a break from all the hiking. Lots and lots of hiking.

Helping eachother across the crick.

Uncle devin giving the kiddos a science lesson on fungus. Not everyone is lucky enough to go hiking with a biology teacher. The kids had fun and learned a lot!


Ava and Jonathan

Victory! We found morels. Tasy looking right!? Good job Ava. (Our final morel count was 10!)
4 comments:
Fun! At least the hiking part...I'll pass on eating the Morrel's.
I'm with you, the hiking and hunting part exciting. I'll pass on the eating. (Wild blackberrys would be yummy)
We must all be related :) cause the hike looked beautiful and fun...the morells..yeah...not so much!
Lucky kids! What a fun outing.
Post a Comment