For some strange reason, every time I go grocery shopping with my 3 little ones at least one older lady comments, "You sure have your hands full." I'm not quite sure if their comments are prompted by a hint of reminiscence of the days their children were young, or if the comment is a result of the speed at which I'm trying to make it through the grocery store with no fussing/crying/whining, diaper blow-outs, tantrums, or on the worst of days me giving in and making a bee-line to the bakery for a free cookie for the kiddos...okay, we do this on even the good days-those cookies give any mom a good 15 minutes of peace in the grocery store. Well...it seems that free cookies (Thank you Fred Meyer for those!) aren't common in Maine. So as a special treat for being super good kiddos at the grocery store, I picked up some lemonade for the kids to enjoy (and I really wanted some, but they didn't know that!).
Well, when we went home Xander really wanted to have a lemonade stand. I couldn't figure out a way for him to have one outside...but he was just as happy to open one up in our family room...I had a lot of lemonade today =).
Well, when we went home Xander really wanted to have a lemonade stand. I couldn't figure out a way for him to have one outside...but he was just as happy to open one up in our family room...I had a lot of lemonade today =).
Xander selling lemonade. He made the stand himself =)
4 comments:
Hannaford on Broadway has those blessed free cookies! ;) They were a life saver with Garrett for sure! I hope all is well, I miss Maine!
I love those boys!! We so miss them (and the rest of you, of course) so much! It looks like you're having some good old fashioned "stay at home mom" kind of fun! Relaxed and carefree!
Good to see all the updates! We miss you all. Acadia Park looks like a beautiful place to have so close. Does it remind you of the OR coast at all, or is it totally different? BTW, you need to send out your address so your kids can get mail from their friends! :-) Smiles, The Nielsen Clan
Sooo cute! Xander is the best...well along his bros! Miss you!
Kam
Post a Comment