Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A = Aperture (just don't ask me what it means)

For week two of "camera school" our homework was to take pictures practicing aperture and shutter speed. I think (sorta think) I get the gist of what A and S are, but really I'm just excited to be shooting something other than auto for the first time with the camera I've had for over two years. Baby steps here.

**Guilty mom disclaimer. I love all my kids. Equally. Really I do. However, I have the most time to take pictures when Xander is at school and Levi and Hailey are napping. Which leaves, Caden, and just Caden to take pictures of most of the time. And he really is the only one who loves (seriously loves) having his picture taken. I don't want my kids to be annoyed with me taking their picture, so most of the time it's me and Caden hanging out, pressing buttons on the camera and hoping for the best. I'll try and post more of the other little ones. Just so my conscience is a littler clearer. Thanks for letting me explain in way more detail than needed ;)

 Here he's swinging in a circle. Luckily his mom is too lazy to cut his hair when needed, so it catches the action. And Luckily, he's still young enough to wear whatever I lay out for him.
The lighting here is called "Picasa lighting". See I'm learning! They suggested I crop his hand out, I totally agree. I'm (again) just too lazy to do it right now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leanna, You are NOT LAZY!!!!
You are just SO busy being a Great Mom you don't get to all the little things. And that is OK. Wonderful pics. Love to all MOM

Gibson Family said...

YOU ARE AWESOME!! If you wanted you could post some of your AMAZING pics of Riley...since her mom doesn't take very many! LOL! Guess I might be needing to go to "camera school"! Love you, Em

Mullin family said...

Beautiful pictures!

Olivia said...

These are great, Lanny! The one with him swinging looks like a professional photo shoot! Great job!
He has such great eyes to zoom in on :)