Thursday, June 4, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend: Day 2

I chat with a sweet gal every Monday morning while we watch our kids take swim lessons and she told me all about Wonderland Trail. She said it was her family's favorite spot out at Acadia. Well, we decided to try it, and I think it has quickly made it's way to the top of our favorite Acadia spots. It's just a mile long and flat the whole way so you can easily push a jogging stroller. Our favorite part of the trail though, is how it winds in out of wooded forest and rocky beaches. You'll be walking through thick, shady fir trees turn a corner and suddenly be right in front of a beautiful, sunny shoreline. Incredible.
Xander and Caden leading the way.
I think boys could throw rocks into water all day.
This girl. She is tough! She's very small for her age but she sure makes up for it in spunk and feistiness. She insisted on crawling right through the water (over and over). The water was clean, we had extra clothes...so we let her crawl and splash all she wanted (the third child really does get away with so much more than the first).
It was beautiful, just beautiful. There's something special about the colors out at Acadia. I'd say it's magical, but I know better, so instead I thank God for his artistry and the gifts he's given us to enjoy.

4 comments:

Mullin family said...

What a fun day! A third child named Leanna used to splash bare-footed in puddles.....

Lindsay said...

You have had some wonderful adventures lately ... hoping and praying there are more to come! :)

Great pictures that tell the story as well ... my favorite kind!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Leanna, Maine is so beautiful just wished it didn't have to be so far away. I'd love to visit more often!!! Enjoy. enjoy for all of us out west. Love you Mom (Dad really loves your pictures)

Gibson Family said...

Awesome! We need to get Dan out there soon! Love you! Em:)

P.S. and I too remember a third child who would splash in mud puddles bare foot...with no coat, but an umbrella!