Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

An Easter decoration. My first attempt at 'paper piecing'.
My quilting class is over...and I already miss my Thursday night gathering with other ladies. It was fun to get together and create. We worked on different projects for different purposes. Some made quilts for grandbabies. One finished a quilt her great uncle started years ago made of old work shirts. Some were already thinking ahead and making thoughtful gifts for Christmas. We talked about life, kids, husbands, s-e-x, cancer treatments..and much more. It was wonderful. It was my first quilting class. I made my first quilt for my first baby girl (I'll take a picture of it soon and post it). And while I'm taking a bit of a break now, I'll definitely be taking another class.

I hope you had a wonderful Easter.

Christ the Lord is risen today, Sons of men, and angels say;

Raise your joys and triumphs high! Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply!

Soar we now where Christ has led, Following our exalted Head;

Made like Him, like Him we rise; Ours the cross, the grave, the skies!

Charles Wesley (1788)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mullin family said...

Beautiful Easter decoration!

Anonymous said...

Leanna you are a natural at quilting!! Wonderful job. Can't wait to have you post the pic of the quilt. See you soon. mom

Heidi Boos said...

I'm so glad you found something you really enjoy doing. Love the Easter decoration and can't wait to see what you made for Hailey!!

Gibson Family said...

i love your creation! praise Jesus:) He is Risen!! Happy Easter Smith fam!