Hailey's old curtains got cut up and trimmed down; add some fabric from a cut-up twin sheet and a very, very late night (let's just say at 2 am my living room floor was covered with fabric, scissors, and an empty Hershey wrapper) and what do you get: some sweet little curtains to brighten her room. I wish I could say I made the quilt, but when I saw it hiding in the back of a clearance shelf for $20 (yes, that's right!), I knew it would be just the right thing for her room, and seriously-there's no time for quilt making these days.
And with fabric to spare, she has a coordinating changing table cover. I still have quite a bit of this fabric left, I planned on making a crib sheet, but elastic? I have no clue how to sew with that stuff. So for now, it'll sit with my fabric stash until my skills get a little better, or my mom comes to visit =), hint, hint.

5 comments:
Leanna, Love it Love it!!! The contrasting tabs are just perfect. Hailey you are such a lucky
girl. Love Mom
So pretty! Is Hailey in a big girl bed?
It looks lovely! I especially love the quilt and wow, what a price! I have been search for that perfect one for Maya's room too. I'm sure it will find me soon:)
WOW! So proud of your talents! Hailey is such a lucky girl to have a supermom like you!
Nice job- you are so creative! Her room looks beautiful!
Post a Comment