Saturday, September 27, 2008
Listen to Your Mother
My mom kept telling me, "You need to turn the heat up or you're going to get sick." Well, I didn't listen; I was just trying to save a dollar or two. And sure enough, I woke up Friday feeling terrible! Sore throat, cough, stuffy nose-the works. In an effort to feel better, I loaded up the kids to get one last latte (my most favorite thing) at my one local Starbucks that was closing. We then swung by Target (might be my second favorite thing) to pick up some medicine, but surprise, surprise-nursing moms can't take anything good. Next thing I knew, I was loading up the cheapest sewing machine off the shelf and dragging it home with a bag of cough drops. I know, it doesn't make much sense. But it worked, while busy sewing I strangely felt so much better. I think it's genetic (my mom sewed to relax-she creates such beautiful things). Anyway, I don't really "know" how to sew-I don't have the patience for patterns or perfection, so I just made it up as I went along...My new "treasures" for my home made me smile which was huge considering how yucky I felt. And the cheap machine I quickly grabbed off the shelf has turned into a great work horse.
These are pink and white polka dot curtains for Hailey's Room. I love polka dots!
Xander calls Hailey "Tweetsie" or "Little Tweeter". One day she was crying and he called her that, it made her smile, and it's stuck ever since. So I embroidered (if you can call it that? I'm not sure what i did...again just made it up as I went) her a littler tweeter bird. I didn't misspell HUGS...HGS stands for Hailey Grace Smith =). Wish I would've written Hailey...Oh well.
Caden's room is pretty dark. His new Yellow curtains match his personality much better than the dark walls.
This little curtain is in the eating nook in the kitchen, there's another above the sink.
It's hard to tell, but there's a "festive" fall runner. This is in our entry way.
Remnants of my day. Tissue box for the nose, hat for the chills, two empty mugs and my new sewing buddy...she doesn't have a name yet.
1 comment:
What fun! Your creations look great and will definitely help make your house feel like YOUR house by adding that personal touch. Hope you feel better real soon!
Post a Comment