Monday, September 1, 2008

Windjammer Festival


View of the harbor in Camden, Maine.

We drove down to Camden, Maine for a Windjammer (sailboat) Festival. It was beautiful. The sun was out and the harbor was filled with dozens of sailboats. Many allowed us to step on board and take a look at their boats. The naval ship USS Whidbey Island was there too. On the boat ride out to the naval ship we saw our first Maine lighthouse.

Hailey enjoying the boat ride out to the Naval ship.

The USS Whidbey Island (we went on it!).

Xander enjoying the windjammers.


Xander and I touring a sailboat.

2 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

Hailey is looking so much like a big girl. She looks a lot like Caden! What a fun adventure it looks like you got to enjoy! I bet there is so much to explore on the East Coast. What fun!

Anonymous said...

So did you ask the guys on the ship if you could have the "special tour" since you/we were born on the island the ship was named after???? I would think they would have a Leanna Room or an Emily Room on the ship as well.....