Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sand Beach, Acadia National Park













There's something great about being at the beach. We brought a blanket to sit on (which was hardly used) and that's it...ahhh, I love simplicity. No need for toys or anything else really. The boys, my mom, and I just needed the sun, water, and warm sand for a great day at the beach. The weather was in the 60's, just the way I like it. The boys dug in the sand, climbed the rocks, and dipped their toes in the very cold water. We were there for a couple of hours but it felt like a few minutes. I think time stands still when you're at the beach. This is one of my favorite spots at Acadia; it reminds me a little of the Puget Sound back home, but still has some definite differences to remind me to stop and enjoy our time in Maine. With the days our our East Coast Adventure quickly passing by, we want to continue to slow down and make many more memories.







4 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

Beautiful pictures, Lanny! I love that you are soaking up every last adventure you can while you are in Maine. Because Oregon can't wait for you to come back home! ;)

Mullin family said...

Glad you guys are having good weather during Mom's visit, we have had rain here EVERYDAY!

Lindsay said...

you have had an exciting month ... full of GREAT times & wonderful memories!

Hope the rest of your time in Maine is full of GREAT things :)

JSTA said...

Lanny,
Glad you made it back safely (and survived that long plane ride with the kids! :-) Enjoy your time with your mom!