Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Building the Snow Fort




I've been finding myself falling into the "in a minute" routine. As in, "Mom will you play a game/read/go outside with me?", "In a minute I have to do the dishes/laundry/dinner." While it's fine for them to know there are times when things must get done, I've found myself not playing enough and saying "in a minute" way too much. So my new goal is to play more. First step...building a snow fort with Xander. It was the best exercise and laugh I've had in a long time. The benefits of play for kids and adults is amazing.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

bluetarp said...

Xander, Loved the fort you and your Mom made. Nice pic of Mom too.

Gibson Family said...

What fun! We want to come and play! Love, Riley, Uncle Dan Dan and Auntie Emmy

Lindsay said...

AWESOME!! Just AWESOME! :) Looks like you are on the right track to {play} more!

Heidi Boos said...

Thanks for reminding me to stop saying "in just a minute". I do it way too much! There's nothing more important than spending some time with our babies. It looks like way more fun than laundry anyway. (Well, I guess, anything is more fun than laundry.) :)

Mullin family said...

Fun! How much snow do you guys have?!

Smith Family said...

We have lots and lots! It never melts. I had to shovel a path for Caden to go out to the backyard otherwise the snow would be up to his waist atleast.