Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Going to the Zoo

Our house is always a bit of a zoo. Yesterday I had a great trip to a (very) local zoo. The commute was fantastic (up the stairs) and the price was reasonable (free). Every time I walked by the animal exhibit (Xander's room) I had the treat of viewing some very interesting creatures.
Here's the lobster pound. Notice the rare blue lobster.
The porpoises swimming in the tank.
Yikes! There was a very exciting escape at the zoo. A baby bear cub snuck out. She was so cute I decided to keep her.
The daddy and mommy bear were not very excited about me taking their baby bear.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

So cute :) I think I'd like to visit your zoo :)

Have a GREAT week!

Anonymous said...

Love the animals at your zoo!!! SO very special!
See you real soon HAPPY DAY!
Love Gramma

Heidi Boos said...

Oohhh...this zoo looks like so much fun! I wouldn't mind taking a little baby cub home with me. ;)

Gibson Family said...

Ohhh! I have heard of this zoo! It was voted one of the best by a group of biased family members here in Colorado....Can't wait to come and visit again! Happy Day!

Mullin family said...

Hmmm.....I've been to a zoo a lot like yours but it is located in WA.
Come and visit it sometime! :)