I dared to take a shower during the middle of the day...not during nap time and not before the kids woke up. It had been two days, I hadn't been out of the house for a week due to our pink eye invasion, I was a mess. I decided the benefits out weighed the risks of three unattended children (I sense a lot of knowing smiles). So, I bravely put the child gate up in Caden's room and told the three to "play nice".
Can you Spy:
1) All the toys off the shelf
2) Comforter off the bed (a big 'no no' in our house)
3) Caden's potty with the insert out...
4) The pee in the potty...nope...it's spread on the mirror next to the blur of Caden
5) The large wet puddle on Caden's bed...yep
6) The crumbs and cereal pieces on the floor (someone manged to jump the fence)
7) The sweet little girl learning way too many naughty tricks
This was one of those moments when I just stood and wondered, seriously? What to do? I wasn't really mad, I was more amazed at how much they could accomplish in just a few minutes. The boys then quickly got to work at cleaning up all their messes.

6 comments:
Wow, what a relief to read that the children were thinking and cleaned up the mess!!! Those sweet grandchildren might have just been a memory. Love You, Mom
Oh, Lanny! As much as it would pain me for this to happen to me...this is mighty hilarious! ;)
I love that Hailey is just sitting there with a "what?" on her face! That sweet girl.
I'm totally impressed you took the picture ... I think I would have just written about it & not had enough guts to post the picture ...maybe not :)
Anyway - you are blessed that they were cleaning up the mess ... Mason would have waited until the very last minute of the day to get started on that :)
I don't believe it. Not my nephews and niece! You can't convince me with this so called "proof." The picture must have been photo-shopped.
Oh Lanny!!! I want to write something but I can't! I am laughing and crying too hard! Ohh honey, I <3 U!
Just file this story away as one that will be fun to tell when the kids are adults! :)
Post a Comment