Xander found a book called "The Science Chef" and scoured it for the perfect recipe.
He found "Old Fashioned Cinnamon Toast". He really, really wanted to make it. My first thought was...uhhh there's a recipe for that? I was pretty amazed that someone could come up with seven, yes seven, steps to pop toast in the toaster and slather on some butter and cinnamon. Well they did, and we did all seven steps and it turned out delicious. Very buttery, very sugary, and very delicious. I just realized we didn't read or do any of the science stuff involved...oops. I guess they learned that bread+butter+sugar=yummy.

6 comments:
You're such a good mama Leanna! How cute..You make me wish I was a stay at home mom!!
Mmm...cinnamon-sugar toast!
Xander looks so proud of his work.
Yummy! You are a great chef Xander!
Hello Smith Family, especially Leanna. It's Susan Ulbin (Green). Laura showed me your blog. Very cute. I'm impressed with how current you keep it.
I've been on the East Coast in that weather and it is surely very different then our mild winters.
About the recipe... I see it at least called for whole grain bread! Charlene always put a little brown sugar on our cinnamon toast. Enjoy.
Does Xander deliver?????
maybe he can make for us in April!!
Post a Comment