Friday, January 9, 2009

First Peek

I'm not sure if it was to learn something new or to hang out with other ladies...okay it was mostly to spend time outside of the house with other ladies =). But I signed up to take a quilting class (thanks Pam for inviting me). Yesterday was the first night-it was a lot of fun and I sure learned a lot. I chatted a bit with an older lady who was making a quilt for her first grand daughter. I quickly noticed she was making a quilt that looked just like the quilt my grandma made for me. "Sun Bonnet Sue" was the pattern and it's filled with little girls with bonnets and you can add special things (which my grandma did) like kites, balloons and wagons. That little blanket is very special to me; the pieces are worn and the binding is loose and that makes it more beautiful than when is was fresh and new-it's been loved. The quilt I'm making is for Hailey. I sure hope she'll treasure it the same way I treasure the quilt my grandma made for me.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh how neat! What an exciting adventure this will be for you :)

Gibson Family said...

you are so talented---I bet Hailey will soon have a new favorite blanket:) miss you!

lauraslifetoday said...

I'm sure you'll be an amazing quilter! Funny, all that time I spent with Susan and you and none of that crafty stuff rubbed off on me. Can't wait to see the end result!

Mullin family said...

What great colors! I'm sure that it will a beautiful quilt :)

Anonymous said...

ok-so as cool as this is for you...I ..um..am wondering if your friendship card should be revoked!!
Love you!1

Heidi Boos said...

Hope you enjoy yourself. I think you'll have lots of fun. Looking forward to seeing some finished projects...