Monday, January 12, 2009

My Quiet Time


Awwe. There are a few {rare} moments when all three little ones are quiet. Often occurring after an eventful trip to the grocery store. When this happens, I must admit, I sit in the driveway with the three little ones sleeping. That's all I do. I sit and enjoy the quiet. Sometimes I read the newspaper, the mail, or sip my still hot latte. But most of the times I just sit and enjoy some quiet time all to myself. My neighbors probably think I'm a little strange and wonder why that lady is sitting in her car for so long again. But they don't know what it's like to take three little ones to the grocery store =)...well maybe they do, and I'm just weird.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Mullin family said...

I've done the same thing! :)

Anonymous said...

Your Mom thinks that is a smart idea. Catch the quiet moments when you can. Love you!

The Pfefferkorns said...

came across your blog. Fun to see where you guys are at.

I can totally relate to the sitting in the car. I too try to savour the sips of a hot coffee while in the driveway.

JSTA said...

I LOVE to sit quietly in the driveway, too! In fact, I've even taken my own mini-nap in the driver's seat a time or two. :-) Happy early birthday to Hailey - we're thinking about you all lots this week. Much love!

Lindsay said...

I sit in my car too ... in fact, I usually recline the seat and try to take a little snooze too :)

Anonymous said...

I love Your pictures

Heidi Boos said...

What a great idea...to sit peacefully and quietly instead of trying to "transfer them" (because we all know how well that works). Next time, I think I'll try that.

Happy {early} Birthday to Hailey!! How can she be ONE YEAR OLD??

Anonymous said...

I love this! It makes me want to take the kids for a drive...

Happy Birthday Hailey! I am baffled as to what happened to this last year with the babies!?! How was that one year ago, because I can still remember our girls morning breakfast at Rose's talking about how long the pregnancy was going to feel...

Wow. Celebrate yourself today, too!!!

Gibson Family said...

hmmm....something to remember!

happy birthday hailey!!!!