For snack time yesterday the kids had cocoa, crackers, and carrots. A great lesson on the letter 'c', totally not planned, snack-time usually involves me grabbing a few somewhat healthy things (cocoa has calcium right!?) and setting them out for the kids to munch on while I try to empty the dishwasher before they finish-I love a good race. Anyways, it was fun to talk about letters, especially since the crackers were Scrabble Cheez-its! I actually bought them for Jory-surprise, surprise. Anything Scrabble, even crackers, he loves.
Caden is in charge of the straws. He likes getting them out of the drawer and putting one in every one's cup...for every meal.There are few, rare, but wonderful moments when as I mom I'm encouraged that I'm doing something right. (I hope I'm not the only one, but there are many times I doubt my mothering skills and focus on all the things I should be doing differently or better...being a mom is hard). There was a moment like that yesterday. Xander was playing with his Scrabble crackers and said, "Look mom, I found the best word in the world. G-O-D." My heart was full at that moment.
I think I made too much of a fuss about it though, he didn't want his picture taken. That's okay, I feel that way too sometimes.
Hailey didn't really care that there were letters on the crackers, but she sure liked the taste.

8 comments:
What a creative post!!!! You are a wonderful Mom .... using the gifting of Teaching that God put within you. Way to go!!!
What fun crackers! I'll have to look for them at the store. Being a Mom IS hard, you are doing a GREAT job Lanna! :)
I have to go find those crackers now :)
LOVE it! Cute photos too~
What a fun snack time! Even if the "C" was "by chance". :) I bet they really enjoyed it. It's such the little things that get the kids (and sometimes us moms!) so excited.
Miss you... Just thought I'd tell you that in case you had forgotten. :)
Lanna, you are a very good Mom. It isn't an easy job, but the rewards are great.
Love you
You are the one of the best mom's I know...(mom and Ang are up there too...) I can't wait to find those scrabble crackers! Your kids are wonderful, smart, and all things I hope to teach little Riley. Being a mom is hard! But I am learning how much a smile--or a laugh from your little one can mean...
The part about him spelling out GOD in the crackers just totally made me smile. You are obviously doing MANY things right! Sorry you had to miss the Superbowl, but I'm happy to hear that Jory got lots done. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!
you realize your home schooling when you do these things right!! LOL Got your message and I will call again this week
Post a Comment