Monday, February 23, 2009
Glue + Sticks
My favorite art activities for the kids are quickly becoming those that require no directions. Give them a couple hundred colorful sticks ($1!! at the Dollar Store) and some glue and let them go. It's fun watching their creative juices flow and they really enjoy the freedom of doing whatever they want. Caden pretended they were trains and cars. And Xander started making a bridge that morphed into something else. We don't know what it is, but it looks pretty cool. As a teacher I sorta felt the need to make sure the kids went home with projects that looked 'nice' so their parents would like them. But now that I'm a mom-I appreciate seeing what Xander actually created, not just how well he can follow directions. Which...don't get me wrong, I do like and we do do projects that require specific directions. But my definite favorites, are ones that cost little, and let the kids go crazy with creativity in any way they want to... (as long as it's not too messy....hey, I'm the one that has to mop the floor around here).

6 comments:
Fun! Gotta love the dollar store :) Ours sells big bags of "puff balls" that the boys usually use to make "monsters".
Ohh! We'll be picking up some puff balls. Love the new pic. Isn't the shark tent great?!
I think I'll be trying this soon ;)
Fun pictures of the creations too!
So fun! I gotta remember these little "nuggets" for when Riley gets bigger:) LOVE YOU!!!
Can my kids come over to your house to play...they would have a lot more fun! Forget that they leave all the way across the country. :)
Cute new header, by the way.
And, as always...miss you!
Ooh..I hate when I make grammatical errors. I meant LIVE across the country. I'm sure you already knew that. ;)
Post a Comment