Sunday, December 14, 2008

Shoveling Snow


For 30 years I had never...yep, never shoveled snow. That has quickly changed. It snows a lot here and I have shoveled enough snow in the last 3 weeks to make up for it. Mainers get a sly smile when I mentioned how much it has snowed...I think their smile hints at what's to come. The snow might be a bit of work at times, but the fun and beauty it brings is definitely worth it.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was nice to see Caden had his shoes on!!! How cold does it have to get before he wears shoes? He may even wear mittens some day. Tough little guy!!! Love you, Gramma E

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the snow doesn't reach the 30 inch or so level that Jory and I experienced last January. We are currently at 6 degrees above here in Prineville and expecting around 10 below tonight. We will have a very cold week upcoming. I believe they have snow on the ground west of Newberg as well. Take care and keep shovelling. Grandpa

Heidi Boos said...

We're experiencing some snow yesterday and today, too, but us "NW wimps" are all hunkered indoors. This will be such a different winter for you, I'm sure! Good thing you have a couple of helpers.

Mullin family said...

Hmmm....I don't think that I have ever shoveled snow either ..... It's 30 degrees here today, the boys only played outside for about 20 min before they decided that it was MUCH too cold. They were even wearing their snow pants. I think we must be from the NW!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your note...as Nate and I had our walk to coffee I told him about your 'Caden and his cars' post with the snow while you were on the phone. We had a good laugh over that.

I agree with Heidi that we are a bunch of wimps, and yet with a flair for the dramatic as we brace for "Arctic Blast: the Sequel" tomorrow. I love it all. You could always go on katu.com or something to get a dose of the news and to see how basically everything is shutting down. It's entertaining.

Stay warm!