Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Back to the Real Deal

After 4 years of using our beautiful, low-maintenance, pre-lit Christmas tree, we've gone back to getting a real tree. We were lured into this by our good friends the Tappers; they mentioned the tree farm had free cocoa and donuts and we were in. It was a fun adventure. All the trees were great looking and we found one that was just right for us. It's now up in our living room decorated with a few ornaments and lights...one strand decided not to work tonight--arghh! The kids love the tree, sometimes a little too much. Caden is convinced the ornaments are shiny balls for him to play with. We're definitley testing the "shatter proof" claim on the box.
.
Luckily they have tractors that pick you up with your tree so Jory didn't have to lug it too far.
Riding the tractor back to the cocoa shack with our new Christmas tree. It may look sunny...but it was chilly.
The Tapper Family. Our new friends in Maine. They are great =).
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

What fun! I'm so glad you were able to do something different and fun for your Christmas in Maine. And, although a little jealous, I'm glad you were able to enjoy this with another family. I'm SO glad you have found some friends to connect with. Enjoy your holiday season, my friend. You are missed EVERY DAY.

Mullin family said...

WOW, hot chocolate, donuts, AND a tractor ride?! I'm sure the boys had a great time :) I might even be persuaded to go back to a real tree if they had a place like that here, OK, maybe not....the children aren't too warped with fake 1/2 tree....

Anonymous said...

Well...they should have had Caden test those ornaments to begin with. Love the pics. Your friends look really nice and I love anyone who can convince you to do something...I don't have this talent.

YOu still need a FB account. Writing to Jory about my day just seems wrong...

Anonymous said...

Making memories is what it's all about!!! ...... and you are getting a wonderful opportunity to do just that! Isn't is awesome how God brings new friends into our lives to share the joys of living!?

Laura Fenske said...

I'm so jealous to see the Tappers on your blog! :) What a fun outing, your tree looks great. I can't believe how little snow you guys have so far!!!